As per reports, one of the largest car manufacturer, Maruti Suzuki is prepping to launch the updated versions of its most selling cars. The line-up includes the Maruti Suzuki Brezza, Maruti Suzuki Alto and the Maruti Suzuki Celerio. The next generation of all the mentioned models is expected to launch by the end of 2022.
Let’s have a look what the updated versions of the above mentioned models could offer.
New-Gen Maruti Suzuki Celerio
- The new Celerio is expected to be based on Maruti’s Heartect platform which can also be seen in the Maruti Suzuki Swift, S-Presso and the Wagon-R.
- Since the upcoming Celerio will be based on a new platform, the dimension of the same will also change.
- It is expected to be bigger in size and will also get a longer wheelbase as compared to the current version.
- The new Maruti Suzuki Celerio will offer a 1.2-litre, 4-cylinder petrol engine producing 80bhp and 110Nm of torque and a 1.0-litre, 3-cylinder petrol engine generating 65bhp against a peak torque of 91Nm.
- Both the engines are expected to be paired either with a 5-speed manual (MT) gearbox or a 5-speed automatic (AT) transmission.
New-Gen Maruti Suzuki Brezza
- It is expected that the upgraded version of the Brezza will be launched during the festive season this year.
- The new-gen sub-compact SUV is expected to feature the Maruti’s first iMT gearbox.
- In terms of powertrain, the upcoming version of the Brezza will offer the existing 1.5-litre K15B petrol engine.
- In addition to this, the new-gen Brezza will also get a factory fitted sunroof along with several other features.
New-Gen Maruti Suzuki Alto
- The new Maruti Suzuki Alto is expected to be based on Maruti’s Heartect platform.
- In terms of engine and transmission, the new Alto is expected to offer a 796cc, 3-cylinder naturally-aspirated petrol engine mated either to a 5-speed manual (MT) gearbox or a 5-speed automatic (AT) transmission generating 48bhp and 69Nm of torque.
- In addition to this, the company is also prepping to launch a budget-oriented 1.0-litre K-Series petrol engine producing 66bhp of power and a peak torque of 90Nm.
- Both the exteriors and the interiors will look almost similar to that of the current version but will be slightly different.
- The new Alto is expected to get a touchscreen infotainment system with Android Auto and Apple CarPlay connectivity in its top variants.